It’s thrilling to plan for new garage doors since you’ll have the ability to update your home’s exterior design. Additionally, having a double garage door sounds like a wonderful alternative even if you only have one car at the present because it gives you more room in the garage to work on projects. Of course, using two single garage doors instead has its benefits as well.
Which setup is best for you, is the question. Both two single doors and a two-car garage might look fantastic on your property, but you must take into account each one’s unique qualities to understand the benefits and limitations for your house.
Double garage doors or two single doors?
It’s preferable if you weigh a few important factors that relate to your particular configuration. This will help you choose the right kind of new garage door for your house. Here is an outline of them:
Quantity of cars:
Double garage doors may be more advantageous if you have more than one automobile or if your home is busy and you frequently enter and exit the garage at various times throughout the day. What is the width of twin garage doors? The following is the typical measurement for single and double garage doors, according to Clopay Door:
- For a single car garage door, the dimensions should be 9 feet wide by 7 feet tall or 8 feet by 7 feet broad.
- For a double garage door, measure 16 feet by 7 feet.
The additional room and mobility prevent the garage from becoming overly busy. It may be more difficult to operate two single garage doors at once.
Purchasing a two-car garage door is also a major bonus in terms of functionality. You wouldn’t know who has just one car and who would have two or more cars, so those who intend to sell the home in the future can draw in more potential buyers. Both types of purchasers will be satisfied by a double garage door.
The main benefit of setting up two single garage doors is that you can still operate the other one if the first one breaks. It’s likely that you don’t want to leave any opportunity for your garage doors to wear out again and interfere with your busy lifestyle if that has already happened in the past.
Separate garage doors allow you to enter and exit the house even if one garage door isn’t working, as opposed to a 2-car garage door that needs to be repaired immediately.
spending plan for new garage doors:
Another significant factor is price. Because of the installation and maintenance expenses, if the price is too high, you won’t be able to fully enjoy the benefits. The price of two single garage doors and two double garage doors is almost comparable, but the cost of maintenance may be more if you have two distinct doors because that requires two openers.
Maintenance tasks and expenses
Regardless of the new garage doors you purchase, both systems will still need routine maintenance to keep them in good working order. Lubricating mechanical components, adjusting and tightening screws and springs, inspecting the weather seal, and wiping the debris off the panels and moving parts are all included in maintenance work.
How to Choose:
Between Two Single Garage Doors and Two Double Garage Doors. Now, let’s go over some of the key benefits and drawbacks of these two configurations:
- Symmetry: Having two identical garage doors gives your garage a very symmetrical look – all without the need for any customization for the fit and width of your space. Because they are the standard size, two single garage doors are easier to measure.
- Controlled exposure: If you open and close two single doors, you don’t have to expose the entire room to the elements. You can only open one side, allowing you to control the drought and your privacy. This feature allows you to save money on your energy bills in the long run.
- Backup strategy: When you have two single garage doors, you have one more garage door to control if the other one fails unexpectedly. If one of the doors fails, there is still enough space to manoeuvre your vehicle.
- Smaller car space: Single garage doors may not provide enough space for larger vehicles; you will need to manoeuvre much more carefully.
- Everything is doubled: Two single garage doors require two openers, two springs, and so on. These will double your maintenance effort and costs.
- Pricier opener: If you choose automatic garage door openers for two single garage doors, the cost will be significantly higher.
Two-Car Garage Door
Double garage doors have a more cohesive appearance, so if you want a more updated look, this is the way to go.
- Effortless Mobility: Having double doors allows you to open the entire garage wide, making it more spacious when moving vehicles, other equipment, or if a family member with mobility issues is present.
- Easier controls: You’ll need two remote controls for two single doors, which can be inconvenient if you have a large family. A double garage door will make things much easier.
- Less expensive: There are minor price differences, but having two garage doors means less overhead costs with one opener and one set of mechanisms. Additionally, installation and general repairs may be required.
- Jamming: Because of the design of the 2-car garage door, jamming doors are more common. That is an important factor to consider if you intend to use these as your new garage doors.
- There is no alternative: There will come a time when the double garage doors will fail, and you will not have an alternative door to operate. You should contact your trusted garage door repair service right away.
- More exposure: If you prefer privacy, double doors will provide less of it because each cycle will expose the entire room to the elements.
Consult Us About New Garage Doors
Whatever type of new garage door you choose, keep the following factors in mind. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to single or double garage doors; it all depends on what you and your family require. We hope that these advantages and disadvantages will assist you in making your decision.
If you have any questions about Garage Door Installation, please contact us at Premium Garage Door Repair Toronto, ON. We have years of experience providing installation and Garage Door Maintenance services for residential properties, so we will recommend the best options for your home. Contact us today to learn more.
Find Garage Door Repair Services in Cities Mentioned below:
- Garage Door Repair Ajax
- Garage Door Repair Aurora
- Garage Door Repair Barrie
- Garage Door Repair Brampton
- Garage Door Repair Burlington
- Garage Door Repair Etobicoke
- Garage Door Repair Hamilton
- Garage Door Repair Markham
- Garage Door Repair Milton
- Garage Door Repair Mississauga
- Garage Door Repair Newmarket
- Garage Door Repair North York
- Garage Door Repair Oakville
- Garage Door Repair Oshawa
- Garage Door Repair Pickering
- Garage Door Repair Richmond Hill
- Garage Door Repair Scarborough
- Garage Door Repair Vaughan
- Garage Door Repair Whitby
- Garage Door Repair Woodbridge